Friday 3 May 2013

Hi guys!

For those of us who were sad to see Paint It Blue 2013 end, there is a solution! Paint it ALL THE COLOURS! Of course! What a brilliant idea! Similar to that of Aussie Nails Monday with a weekly theme but it goes all week long! You can do as many or as little of the theme as you wish. Basically its just another group for us to show off our freshly painted nails and to swoon over other girls designs haha!


Paint It All The Colours
Anyone can join! Just head over to the facebook page and send a request.

This week is week one of Paint It All The Colours and the colour that was selected to start us all of was... PINK! What a lovely change from blue. I usually don't wear blue, however I was open to any colour than blue this week so I decided to give it a go... After wearing pink for these last few days I think I am starting to enjoy it a little more. That is kinda the point of these groups though, to get you out of your comfort zone!

So here we have it... My first set of pink nails.

I must admit I have done these nails before. I loved the combo so much that I decided to do it again! This is OPI DS - Reserve and China Glaze - Material Girl on my accent. I used 2 coats of each on each nail, however the CG was very clumpy and I had to kind of mush it down with my finger before I applied Seche. (Time to invest in some nail polish thinner I think).
This is soooo sparkly IRL, I was very displeased with the photos I got.

Next up I decided to give one of my untrieds a go. In January when I left my job as Assistant Manager at Coles Express one of my employees, Khayat, was very sad to see me go. He had a farewell cake made up for me and then he went straight to Myer and asked the woman to get him "The best nail polish in the store!" She gave him a gift pack of Estee Lauder Nail Polishes that came with a cute little makeup bag! (I don't know why she thought those were the best.) I've never really seen anyone using Estee Lauder polishes before, so I was weary of the quality of them. When it comes to polish, top brands and high price don't necessarily mean good quality, however I thought this one was top notch! 
Black Forest Cake! It was delicious.

From Left to Right: 21 Pure Red, 08 Purple Passion, C2 Porcelain and 06 Berry Hot.
Aren't they adorable???
I of course used Berry Hot as it is pink week!


Like most mini polishes, the caps on these are pretty tiny which makes holding the bush a bit tricky, however I was surprised to find that the brush itself was pretty good! Nice and wide, but not too wide and good quality. The polish seemed to paint itself almost! I love it when polishes smooth themselves out and have a nice even coat.
This was opaque in 2 coats but I did 3 for good luck followed by a big ol' slop of Seche over the top.
This is not what I would call a "Jess polish", hot, hot pink with shimmer! Not me at all, however the longer I stared at it (especially in the sun) the more I loved it! The delicate hints of purple really do this polish justice.

That's it from me today. I'd love to know if you have any Estee Lauder polishes and what you think of them!

2 comments:

  1. awww how sweet!! I love both of these - must admit i'm partial to pink hehehe ;) Thinner is an awesome idea! It will help restore the polish fluidity and unglug the SV when it gets low. The EL pink reminds me a bit of The Pink One from Kaz that I tried recently - very pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was thinking there was a pretty big resemblance of The Pink One swatches that I saw and EL Berry Hot.
      I have found some thinner that I can buy online! Hehe :P

      Delete

Thanks for reading! As a newcomer to blogging any hints or tips are very well appreciated!