Sunday 14 April 2013

Week 2 of Blue Nails for Autism

This April I am painting my nails blue every single day for Autism Awareness. You can follow my progress on Instagram - @radjecca. Or if you would like to join in you can request to join the Facebook Group.

There are many amazing manis on there as well as silent Auctions on custom made one-of-a-kind nail polishes! All of the profits from these sales will be going to ASPEC Australia! To see some of the polishes that have been made so far head over to Paint It Blue 2013 blog!



Monday 8th.
First up this week I decided I needed to use some holo! I used Layla Ocean Rush. I love this polish, I have had it for ages and it is by far my most used and possible favourite polish so far!

Tuesday 9th.
How could I not use Essence - Blue Addicted over Essence - Hard to Resist. I love Blue Addicted sooooo much, I still can not believe that they discontinued it! (lucky I have 6 bottles hehe)

Wednesday 10th.
Dots! Polishes used in this mani were Essence - Walk on Air (dark) and Essence - Let's Get Lost (Light) Let's Get Lost stained my nails and I had to buff them out, nothing else was going to work. I was not happy with this mani but I did have a killer of a headache when I did it.

Thursday 11th.
My first Splatter mani! I had so much fun with this! I tried using PVA glue on my skin instead of tape for easier clean up and it worked a treat! It was much easier! I used Sinful Colors - Snow Me White for the base then Splattered Essence - Walk on Air, Essence - Let's Get lost and a bit more white to create this look.


Friday 12th.
I was in a mega rush on Friday but my bottle of Essence - BBC Orange Sunset from the Sun Club Trend Edition happened to be sitting next to my bottle of Australis - Blue Tiger and I though they would go really well together! They're OK I guess, not a huge fan and I left my camera at home so iPhone was the only option if I wanted to catch these in daylight :(
April 13th.
Another sunny day and another great opportunity to wear something holo! This is Sinful Colors - Endless Blue topped with OPI - Servin' up Sparkle, The glitter is much more holo and pretty IRL.

April 14th.
Last but not least is my personal favourite of the week. This is Essence - Nude Glam in Iced Latte with yet again, another appearance from Layla - Ocean Rush. I could not stop staring at these all day!!! Plus I was pretty impressed with how my dotting is getting better! I am very pleased with how my nails are looking now, this is the best they have ever look (health wise). I also jumped the guns here and did it for ANM tomorrow as the theme is polka dots!

Well, thanks again for reading! Hopefully I might have another post this time before my next weekly instalment  (Please don't hold it to me though :P)

Happy Sunday Everyone! xx




2 comments:

  1. oh I love the last look with the dots - so awesomely sparkly!!!! But not too much! For the staining - try keeping some denture tablets handy (if you can get them) they work great and don't damage the nails, buffing too much can thin them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Denture tablets? LOL! I wonder who the first person to ever think "hmmmm, my nails are stained... I KNOW! I'll just flog one of grans denture tablets!"
      I have used the toothpaste and bi-carb mix with a good old scrub and that did the trick with my yellowing nails. I don't buff very often, this was probly the first time in 6 months or so! Might have something to do with my broken nail though! Grrr!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! As a newcomer to blogging any hints or tips are very well appreciated!